18 Month Old From Massachusetts Dies After Home Lice Treatment Goes Wrong

An 18 month old girl has died after her parents gave her a home lice treatment with mayonnaise and a plastic bag to cover it to get rid of the lice she had. However, they left the mayonnaise and plastic bag on her head overnight and when she moved in her sleep, the bag suffocated the little girl. According to a report by Reuters on Feb. 5, one of the toddler’s parents called 9-1-1 at 3 a.m. When the paramedics and police got there, one of the parents was doing CPR on the gilr but it was too late because she was already gone and had been dead for a while.

According to The New York Daily News, this is what the spokesman for the Springfield, Massachusetts police department had to say about the little girl’s passing:

This is a very sad incident.

According to the Massachusetts Department of Health, there is no proof that this type of home lice treatment even works. They recommend using prescription treatments or non-prescription shampoos for lice instead. However, the parents decided to try the home treatment with the mayonnaise and the bag.

Although there have been no charges made against the parents yet, the police are investigating further to determine if any foul play has been made against the toddler.

What do you think about this incident? It is so sad for this to happen to a baby like this. Sound off with your opinion in the comment section and let everyone know your thoughts on this. Don’t be shy!

Click to comment
To Top

Hi - We Would Love To Keep In Touch

If you liked this article then please consider joing our mailing list to receive the latest news, updates and opportunities from our team.

We don't want an impostor using your email address so please look for an email from us and click the link to confirm your email address.